Son of a …! Back to being a day late with the show notes. Day jobs get in the way sometimes.
Did you catch last week’s show? Listen to it here.
I won’t bore you (much) with the details, most of my week was spent on SecurityStudio:
- Our first Board of Director’s meeting was last Friday (8/16), lots to do and talk about, but worthy of it’s own post/article. We’ve put together a great board.
- Financial projections, modeling, etc. Not my strongest suit, for sure. I’m a security guy who became a business guy, not the other way around.
- Drafting documentation for SecurityStudio’s platform and products. I guess you can never have too much documentation.
- Investor meetings and pitches. Raising capital is a crazy experience for someone like me. Learning a whole new side of business.
- Collaboration with some really cool people.
The entire SecurityStudio experience has been a crazy one. Crazy good some days and crazy challenging other days.
FRSecure is rocking along. Only a few meetings for me here and some very high level support for another incident response.
Overall, good things! Let’s get to the show notes, shall we? Brad’s leading and we have another returning special guest.
SHOW NOTES – Episode 42
Date: Monday, August 26th, 2019
Our topics this week:
- More Incident Response(s)
- Seriously what is going on with all these Incident Responses?
- Hey, Christophe is back!
- Industry News
[Brad] – Hi everybody, and welcome to another episode of the UNSECURITY Podcast! This is episode 42, and I’m Brad Nigh, your host. Joining me today is my good friend, Evan Francen. Good Morning Evan.
[Evan] Evan responds with Evanisms
[Brad] We have a jam-packed show this week! If you’ve seen the show notes on Evan’s blog, you know how much we’re planning to get through! Let’s start by talking about what we’ve been busy with, then I’ll share my crazy week. Evan, what’s your week been like?
[Evan] Hopefully has good things to recap from the last week.
[Brad] (literally copied this from last week because, well it’s true) More incidents this week. If this keeps up, we might have to dedicate an entire podcast to incident response! Sheesh.
Incident response discussion
[Evan] We like responding to incidents because we love helping people. We hate responding to incidents because it means someone is (maybe) in trouble. We’ll see if we make it a week without another one.
Active IR discussion and transition into discussion with Christophe Foulon.
[Brad] Christophe, welcome back to the show. How’s things on the East Coast this morning?
[Christophe] Says what Christophe says…
[Brad] So, it’s been a few months since you were on with us. What’s new with you? What are you working on?
Discussion with Christophe
About his current projects and what he’s been up to. Will certainly be a good discussion! We’ll see where it goes.
We have Christophe for 1/2 hour before he needs to get back to work, so he may/may not stick around for news.
[Brad] Alright, we’d better get to some news. We might not get through all of it, but we’ll get through some of it.
Here’s our news for this week:
- Breach at Hy-Vee Supermarket Chain Tied to Sale of 5M+ Stolen Credit, Debit Cards – https://krebsonsecurity.com/2019/08/breach-at-hy-vee-supermarket-chain-tied-to-sale-of-5m-stolen-credit-debit-cards/
- Capital One Data Theft Impacts 106M People – https://krebsonsecurity.com/2019/07/capital-one-data-theft-impacts-106m-people/
- The Texas Ransomware Attacks: A Gamechanger for Cybercriminals – https://threatpost.com/the-texas-ransomware-attacks-a-gamechanger-for-cybercriminals/147597/
- City of London Hit by One Million Cyber-Attacks Per Month – https://www.infosecurity-magazine.com/news/city-of-london-one-million/ (shows how stats can be misleading)
- Ukrainian Nuke Plant Workers Tried to Mine Cryptocurrency – https://www.infosecurity-magazine.com/news/ukrainian-nuke-plant-workers-mine/ (really?)
- Medical device cybersecurity will be rubbish for 20 more years – https://www.zdnet.com/article/medical-device-cybersecurity-will-be-rubbish-for-20-more-years/
[Brad] – Dang, that was a helluva lot of stuff to fit into one show! That’s how it is. Big thanks for Christophe for joining us. He’s a great ally in the industry. Thanks Evan, and a special thank you to our listeners. The show grows each and every week, and we love your feedback. You can reach the us on the show by email at email@example.com.
Talk to you all again next week!