UNSECURITY Episode 119 Show Notes
OK, we’re back to writing UNSECURITY Podcast show notes. We took eight weeks off from writing show notes because it was a little tedious and we weren’t sure if anyone cared that much anyway. Turns out people care about the show notes, read them, and they want them back!
To make things less tedious and more valuable, we’ll only tell you the topics we plan to talk about. We won’t do the verbatim stuff anymore. If you like the new show notes, let us know (email@example.com). If you’d like something different, let us know that too!
On to the notes for episode 119 of the UNSECURITY Podcast…
SHOW NOTES – Episode 119 – Wednesday February 17th, 2021
[Evan] Good morning and welcome to another episode of the UNSECURITY Podcast! This is episode 119, and the date is February 17th, 2021. I’m your host Evan Francen, and joining me is the right side of my brain, Brad Nigh. Good morning Brad.
Quick Catching Up
- It’s flippin’ cold in MN (and other parts of the country)
- We need another vacation.
- Attacks Using Application Dependencies (https://nakedsecurity.sophos.com/2021/02/16/how-one-man-silently-infiltrated-dozens-of-high-tech-networks/)
- A Legal Guide to Privacy and Data Security – FREE (https://mn.gov/deed/assets/a-legal-guide-to-privacy-and-data-security-2021_ACC_tcm1045-463253.pdf)
- Oldsmar Water Attack – continuing the discussion from last week (https://www.cpomagazine.com/cyber-security/attacker-gains-remote-access-to-a-florida-citys-water-supply-attempts-to-poison-it-is-this-an-emerging-widespread-threat/)
- After hackers blackmailed their clients, Finnish therapy firm declares bankruptcy (https://hotforsecurity.bitdefender.com/blog/after-hackers-blackmailed-their-clients-finnish-therapy-firm-declares-bankruptcy-25313.html)
- Microsoft’s Brad Smith labels SolarWinds hack ‘largest, most sophisticated attack ever’ (https://siliconangle.com/2021/02/15/microsofts-brad-smith-labels-solarwinds-hack-largest-sophisticated-attack-ever/)
- Microsoft Issues Patches for In-the-Wild 0-day and 55 Others Windows Bugs (https://thehackernews.com/2021/02/microsoft-issues-patches-for-in-wild-0.html)
Wrapping Up – Shout Outs
- Who’s getting shout outs this week?
- Closing – Thank you to all our listeners! Send things to us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you’re the social type, socialize with us on Twitter, I’m @evanfrancen and Brad’s @BradNigh. Be sure to follow the places we work and do cool things, SecurityStudio (@studiosecurity) and FRSecure (@FRSecure). That’s it. Talk to you all again next week!
…and we’re done.