Alright, welcome back! We had a great run of guests over the past 7 or 8 weeks, and now it’s back to Brad and I for a bit.
If you missed any of the guest episode, here’s a recap:
- Episode 128 Special Guest – Roger Grimes (0n 4/20)
- Episode 129 Special Guest – Ron Woerner (on 4/27)
- Episode 130 Special Guest – John Strand (on 5/4)
- Episode 131 Special Guest – Chris Roberts (on 5/11)
- Episode 133 Special Guest – Gabriel Friedlander (on 5/25)
Monday, May 31st was Memorial Day. It’s a day of remembrance and gratitude. Here’s the text from one of my Twitter posts:
- A small table set for one, symbolizing the isolation of our absent service member.
- The table is round to represent the everlasting concern the survivors have for the missing.
- The white tablecloth symbolizes the pure motives of our lost service members who responded to our country’s call to arms.
- A single rose in the vase represents the blood our service members have shed in sacrifice to ensure the freedom of the United States of America.
- The rose also represents family and friends who keep the faith while awaiting the return of the missing service members.
- The red ribbon represents our service members’ love of country that inspired them to serve our country.
- A slice of lemon on the bread plate represents the bitter fate of the missing.
- Salt sprinkled on the bread plate represents the tears shed by waiting families.
- The inverted glass represents the fact that the missing and fallen cannot partake.
- A Bible represents the spiritual strength and faith to sustain the lost.
- A lit candle symbolizes a light of hope that lives in hearts to illuminate the missing’s way home.
- An empty chair represents the absence of our beloved missing and fallen. service members.
We are grateful for all our men and women who serve in uniform and we hold those who sacrificed all in the highest esteem.
The Show Must Go On
Visiting with our guests the past couple months has been a lot of fun and we hope it’s been educational and entertaining for our listeners. We hope listeners enjoyed listening as much as we enjoyed hosting!
This week (episode 134), Brad and I are going to take a look at some of the recent news. Lord knows, there’s plenty to cover!
Let’s get to the episode 134 show notes, shall we?
SHOW NOTES – Episode 134 – Wednesday June 2nd, 2021
[Evan] Welcome listeners! Thanks for tuning into this episode of the UNSECURITY Podcast. This is episode 134, and the date is June 2nd, 2021. Joining me is my good friend, Mr. Brad Nigh. Good Morning Brad!
[Evan] Welcome back from Memorial Day weekend. It was a beautiful weekend to pay our respects.
What’s going on in the world of “cybersecurity”?
Today, we’re going to change things up a little. There’s so much going on in the world around us, I thought it would be good for us to focus on six news articles and discuss them. Here they are:
- DoD Completes CMMC Review; Senator Says ‘Significant’ Changes Coming – https://www.meritalk.com/articles/dod-completes-cmmc-review-senator-says-significant-changes-coming/
- FBI will share compromised passwords with HIBP Pwned Passwords – https://securityaffairs.co/wordpress/118377/security/fbi-passwords-hibp-pwned-passwords.html
- Beware: Walmart phishing attack says your package was not delivered – https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/news/security/beware-walmart-phishing-attack-says-your-package-was-not-delivered/
- Food giant JBS Foods shuts down production after cyberattack – https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/news/security/food-giant-jbs-foods-shuts-down-production-after-cyberattack/
- Russian Hacker Group Nobelium Attack U.S Gov Agencies By Targeting 3,000 Email Accounts – https://gbhackers.com/russian-hacker-group-nobelium-attack-u-s-gov/
- US Army tells remote workers to switch off their IoT devices (and then withdraws advice) – https://www.bitdefender.com/box/blog/iot-news/us-army-tells-remote-workers-switch-off-iot-devices-withdraws-advice/
That’s a lot to unpack! Hopefully you caught all that.
Wrapping Up – Shout Outs
Who’s getting shout outs this week?
Thank you to all our listeners! Thank you Brad for a great conversation! If you have something you’d like to tell us, feel free to email the show at email@example.com. If you’re the social type, socialize with us on Twitter, I’m @evanfrancen, and Brad’s @BradNigh.
That’s it. Talk to you all again next week!
…and we’re done.