We have another great guest for episode 129, and we’re excited to get his take on things!
Special Guest – Ron Woerner
In this episode of the UNSECURITY Podcast, we’re joined by another good friend of ours, Ron Woerner.
Ron and I (Evan) first met at the RSA Conference last year (2020) after being introduced to each other by Ryan Cloutier, another good friend. Ron is a no nonsense, plain English-speaking information security expert with a heart for helping people from all walks protect themselves better. I love this guy and I’m excited to chat with him on the show!
Things about Ron:
- LinkedIn Profile – https://www.linkedin.com/in/ronwoerner
- CEO, President and Chief Cybersecurity Consultant at Cyber-AAA for more than 11 years.
- Professor of CyberSecurity Studies at Bellevue University for more than 10 years (founded the program)
- Featured speaker at the RSA Conference, almost every year since 2005.
- TEDx Speaker @ TEDx Omaha – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FlWtIDZ-x5I
- And much, much more…
We’re in for a treat in this episode!
Other Guests – Past, Present, and Future
- Episode 128 Special Guest – Roger Grimes (0n 4/20)
- Episode 129 Special Guest – Ron Woerner (this week)
- Episode 130 Special Guest – John Strand (on 5/4)
- Believe it or not, I have never met John in person. Despite running in some of the same circles for many years, this will be the first time I meet him.
- John also has a laundry list of accomplishments. He’s the Founder and Owner of Black Hills Information Security, Senior Instructor with the SANS Institute, teaches SEC504: Hacker Techniques, Exploits, and Incident Handling; SEC560: Network Penetration Testing and Ethical Hacking; SEC580: Metasploit Kung Fu for Enterprise Pen Testing; and SEC464: Hacker Detection for System Administrators. John is the course author for SEC464: Hacker Detection for System Administrators and the co-author for SEC580: Metasploit Kung Fu for Enterprise Pen Testing. He’s also presented at the FBI, NASA, NSA, DefCon, and lots of other places.
- Episode 131 Special Guest – Chris Roberts (on 5/11)
- Episode 132 Special Guest – Gabriel Friedlander (on 5/18)
Lots of GREAT conversations with lots of GREAT information security folks!
SHOW NOTES – Episode 129 – Tuesday April 27th, 2021
Recorded Monday April 26th, 2021
[Evan] Welcome listeners! Thanks for tuning into this episode of the UNSECURITY Podcast. This is episode 129, and the date is April 27th, 2021. Joining me is my good friend, solid partner, and and top infosec expert Brad Nigh. Welcome Brad!
Also joining the UNSECURITY Podcast is our special guest, Mr. Ron Woerner! Welcome Ron. It’s an honor to have you on our show!
Introducing Ron Woerner
It’s great to have Ron on our show! He gets information security and he always has an interesting perspective on things.
- Open Discussion.
- Top of mind things.
- Current projects.
- Current events.
Pretty sure we’ll get to talk about Ron’s talks at RSA, his work/lectures at Bellevue University, social engineering things, information security as a life skill, and other goodies!
We’ll probably skip news in this show. Guessing that Brad, Ron, and myself will have no problem filling the entire show with good discussion.
Wrapping Up – Shout Outs
Who’s getting shout outs this week?
Thank you to all our listeners! HUGE thank you to Ron for joining us. If you have something you’d like to tell us, feel free to email the show at email@example.com. If you’re the social type, socialize with us on Twitter, I’m @evanfrancen, and Brad’s @BradNigh.
That’s it. Talk to you all again next week!
…and we’re done.