Apologies for not posting something about last week’s show, episode 130. We were honored and pleased to welcome John Strand from Black Hills Information Security as our guest. John, Brad and talked openly about John’s path through information security, what Black Hills is working on, the different pockets of security people, why it’s important to work together as information security vendors to improve the community, and John’s latest Pay What You Can (PWYC) Series.
It was a GREAT talk and we’re VERY grateful that John stopped by. Check out episode 130 here; https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/unsecurity-episode-130-john-strand-black-hills-information/id1442520920?i=1000520139261
Pumped about this week’s show!
My good friend, Security Shit Show co-host, hacker extraordinaire, and all around great guy Chris Roberts is stopping in for a chat.
Special Guest – Chris Roberts
Chris and I (Evan) were introduced to each other by our mutual friend Tony Cole maybe three years ago, but we didn’t get to know each other well until the last 13, 14 months. We’re both REALLY busy guys, so our circles just didn’t cross much. In the past year, we’ve gotten to know each other quite well which is no surprise seeing that we spend more than two hours together each week on the Security Shit Show with Ryan Cloutier (another great guy).
Things about Chris:
- LinkedIn Profile – https://www.linkedin.com/in/sidragon1/
From his LinkedIn Profile:
- Currently the Chief Security Strategist for Cynet Security (among many other things)
- Currently an Executive Committee Member at the CyberEdBoard Community
- Currently an Advisor, Researcher, Hacker, Etc. at HillBilly Hit Squad
- Currently co-host of The Security Shit Show
- Former Chief Security Strategist at Attivo Networks, Inc.
- Former Chief of Adversarial Research and Engineering at LARES Consulting
- Former Chief Security Architect at Acalvio Technologies
- Former Senior Consultant at Sentinel Global LLC
- Founder of One World Labs
- Former Managing Director Electronic Intelligence/Principal Investigator at Cyopsis, LLC
- Former President/CEO at CCi5, Inc.
- Former Director of Coalfire Labs at Coalfire Systems, Inc.
- and on and on…
Chris has been all over the world and all over the United States doing crazy cool hacker stuff at every stop.
He is truly on of my favorite people on the planet to talk to! Always a good time.
Other Guests – Past, Present, and Future
- Episode 128 Special Guest – Roger Grimes (0n 4/20)
- Episode 129 Special Guest – Ron Woerner (on 4/27)
- Episode 130 Special Guest – John Strand (on 5/4)
- Episode 131 Special Guest – Chris Roberts (on 5/11)
- Episode 132 Special Guest – Gabriel Friedlander (on 5/18)
- Episode 133 IF YOU WANT TO BE A GUEST OR HAVE A SUGGESTION, LET US KNOW!
Lots of GREAT conversations with lots of GREAT information security folks!
SHOW NOTES – Episode 131 – Tuesday May 11th, 2021
[Evan] Welcome listeners! Thanks for tuning into this episode of the UNSECURITY Podcast. This is episode 131, and the date is May 11th, 2021. Joining me is my good friend, infosec buddy and partner in crime.
Also joining the UNSECURITY Podcast is our special guest, Mr. Chris Roberts! Welcome my friend. It’s an honor to have you on our show!
Introducing Chris Roberts
- Let’s start with trying to figure out how Chris first got into the information security industry.
- Next, we’ll see how far we can get down his career path before 1) we start chasing squirrels (we’re both ADD) or 2) we run out of time (because there’s A LOT there).
- The Colonial Pipeline Attack and global security tensions/consequences.
- Current projects.
- Current events.
We’ll see if we get to his plane hacking antics too, but I’m not sure we’ll have the time.
We’ll probably skip news in this show. Guessing that Brad, Ron, and myself will have no problem filling the entire show with good discussion.
Wrapping Up – Shout Outs
Who’s getting shout outs this week?
Thank you to all our listeners! HUGE thank you to Chris for joining us. If you have something you’d like to tell us, feel free to email the show at email@example.com. If you’re the social type, socialize with us on Twitter, I’m @evanfrancen, and Brad’s @BradNigh.
That’s it. Talk to you all again next week!
…and we’re done.